Do You Want Your Kids to Have the Skills They Need to Face Life’s Challenges?
Kids often don’t learn basic life skills in school
Age-appropriate instruction can be difficult to find.
Kids who don’t know how to handle stress & disappointment may struggle in life.
We cover one of the 8 Core Skills per class
- Warm up exercises
- A mat chat about the skill being taught
- 2 to 3 skill building drills
- Students will then demonstrate the skill
learned to earn their skill stripe
Students must earn all 8 skill-stripes in order to graduate to the next belt level. Once they earn their next belt they will continue to run through all 8 skills earning skills-strips by completing more challenging curriculum as they advance to the next rank. After they successfully complete all 9 belt ranks in the program, students will graduate into one of our traditional Martial Arts programs.
Your Child Will LOVE Spectrum Skillz Martial Arts
The best part of the Spectrum Skillz program is the physical, intellectual, emotional growth that you will see in your child, that will give them the skills that will prepare them to thrive in the future.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 8 CORE SKILLS
- AWARENESS: Duck under targets swung at them to build spatial awareness and understanding of the correlation between a moving object and themselves while processing speed and movement , of other objects.
- DETAILING: Demonstrate proper punches while applying fine motor skills in a simple manner to make it easier to eventually process more intricate movements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 8 CORE SKILLS
- OBSERVING: Name techniques demonstrated by the instructor to build the ability to maintain longer than normal eye contact to develop increased focus and attention span.
- LISTENING: Demonstrate punches on the beat of a metronome to correlate sounds with the timing of their punches to learn to pick up on and process audio cues.
- COMMUNICATION: Explain how to do 1 of the techniques they have learned so they can better communicate with their peers and instructors more effectively and using their own words.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 8 CORE SKILLS
- RETENTION: Perform 3 basic blocks and strikes called out by the instructor to practice retaining information and building long term memory and leading to a better understanding of the technique.
- DURABILITY: Perform simple static warm-ups to increase muscle tone throughout the upper and lower body, as well as, in their core.
- DETERMINATION: Students will break boards to help them to learn to be more comfortable with the sensations, sounds, and emotions associated with breaking boards.
Spectrum Skillz takes Martial Arts training to a whole new level!
We use core elements of traditional martial arts training and combine them with contemporary teaching techniques, science and psychology, while utilizing an in-depth understanding of how kids on the spectrum learn and grow. This means that your child will learn and grow at a pace that is appropriate for them in a fun stress-free environment.
- No enrollment fees.
- No membership dues.
- No testing fees from White
through Blue Belt.
- Cancel at anytime without a penalty.
- Free Birthday Parties for our
Members and their families.
- Premium Birthday Parties available by request.
- Free Parent Night Out events for
Members and their guests.
- Our instructors are utilize the
most current child development
techniques to teach.
I can’t explain just how amazing this place is! My daughter was born at just 23 weeks, 1lb. She just turned 3, and is doing well but had a long bumpy road. With said, she has some visual impairments, mild cerebral palsy, and severe anxiety issues. We are four classes in now, and although my daughter cries each time we get to the school, the instructors (every single one) ALWAYS treat her like their own and take their time with her. She comes out of class so happy and oh so proud of herself! They do not treat her differently because of her impairments, they are all patient and kind, and above all understanding. We are BEYOND pleased with GEMA, and the staff to include the wonderful families we have met. Thank you GEMA for creating a better world for my daughter!
I've tried a bunch of martial arts over the years, but it wasn't until I got to Gentle East that I realized that the art itself doesn't matter so much--it's the attitude of its practitioners. These people aren't learning and teaching how to kill, but how to live. How to live despite trauma and illness, and to keep practicing their art even if it's just in their hearts. The tenets are courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, and indomitable spirit, and they mean every word. They teach the kids that other dojangs won't. Autistic, physically challenged, special needs, you name it. They're fully engaged with the messy business of life. A whole lot of families are glad that Master Barbara Robinson followed her vision. Ours is one.
An awesome martial arts school that truly cares.
Love, love, love this place! The staff is incredibly kind and supportive, and the family atmosphere is palpable the moment you walk in the door! I am so impressed with the work being done with autism spectrum kids, as well as other kids with physical challenges. No one is made to feel like they don't belong here! I even joined the mommy class and my toddlers are allowed to run around us while we work out. I've lost a few pounds, and gained some amazing (non-judgemental) mom-friends! An oasis of kindness and support in the middle of what is often a 'keep up with the Jones's " area of town.
We love the instructors and family atmosphere! Thank you!
Our Physical DOORS and DIGITAL DOORS are OPEN! Secure your spot & get started today with our FREE EXCLUSIVE online offer!
All instructors are SKILLZ certified, meaning that they are trained in child development and psychology. They have a deep understanding of kids and their needs, so you can trust them to teach your children what they need to know.
SKILLZ training puts kids in the learning zone, where their defenses are down, and their minds are open. By learning the self-control and discipline they need, they’ll get to a place where they can focus on school and feel confident that they can meet every challenge.
Yes! The SKILLZ curriculum is designed to meet kids where they are, giving them both short-term and long-term goals. They’ll learn that mastering new skills can help them build toward their dreams.
Yes. Kids in our child development classes learn to trust themselves as they build basic skills, one step at a time. We notice significant improvements in confidence and self-esteem as kids work their way through our classes.
Yes, it can. Kids who misbehave often do so out of a lack of self-control . They may feel frustrated and unable to express their feelings. We’ll help them learn how to control their emotions and channel them into constructive activities.
We have age-appropriate programs for every age from toddlers to teens. At each step of the way, we’ll meet your child where they are emotionally and intellectually and help them gain essential life skills and self-confidence.
Kids can socialize and make friends in a safe, sanitary setting.
Our SKILLZ development center helps your child both development physically and mentally.
Lessons that are taught are specific to your child's age & development status.
Martial arts instruction and other physical activities are included to provide kids with exercise and a chance to burn energy.
ACCESS OUR SCHEDULE
Our Physical DOORS and DIGITAL DOORS are OPEN! Secure your spot & get started today with our FREE EXCLUSIVE online offer!Get Started Today